Medigap Plan N
Similar to the other nine supplement plans, Plan N offers standardized benefits for all its beneficiaries. This plan provides coverage for out-of-pocket costs that are not covered by Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B.
Medigap Plan N Coverage
Medicare supplement N coverage includes:
- Part A deductible
- Part A coinsurance and hospital stay up to 365 days
- Part B coinsurance for outpatient care and procedures
- Part B health care providers’ office copays
- First three pints of blood transfusion
- Hospice care
- Skilled nursing facility coinsurance
- 80% of healthcare costs when traveling outside the US
It is important to note that due to recent changes in Medigap policies, Plan N does not offer coverage for Medicare Part B deductible. Also, it does not cover prescription drug costs.
Ready For A Quote?
We are not connected with or endorsed by the United States government or the federal Medicare program.
The Cost Of Plan N Coverage
The costs for Plan N depends on the private insurance company that you are purchasing the plan from.
Now, the private insurance companies set their pricing according to three different rating systems:
- Community rated where pricing changes based on the inflation rates, but it does not increase with your age
- Issue-age rated where the premium depends on your age at the time of the purchase, but it does not increase after the issue date
- Attained age rated where the premium starts with minimum costs but increases with your age
You also have to pay a $20 copayment for office visits and up to $50 for an emergency room copay.
Scott Sims Insurance Helps You Make The Right Choice
To choose the right plan for yourself, you need to consider the monthly costs of each plan. With Plan N, consider the cost of Part B deductibles along with the small percentage of costs for doctor’s office visits and emergency room visits.
Scott Sims Insurance will help you go through all the coverage options, empowering you with all the information you need to make the right decision for your healthcare needs. If you’re interested in Plan N, contact us today at (541) 915-0939 so we can help you compare all your options.